Thursday, July 8, 2010

10-4 Little Buddy

My 6 year old has a great little friend who we found out when she started school - lives just down the hill from us. Sadly not like "walk down the path" down the hill, more like - bring your machete and battle rabid raccoons and 15 foot black berry bushes while traversing a steep incline, down the hill. But we're working on a solution.

So S - as I'll call her- had a birthday this week and Jeff thought up the fun idea of giving her half of a set of walkie talkies. I thought it was a fantastic and fun idea for 6 year olds and we made it happen.

Yesterday as I was feverishly working I kept hearing something from the play room - thinking it was that creepy puzzle that makes noises at random times, I finally got up to investigate. Oh no - it was S demanding to know where Kate was via the new walkie talkie.

Now from most little kids I can't tolerate bossiness but this little bit cracks me up. She's goofy, and huggy and ridiculously cute and her family and parents are probably some of the nicest people I've ever met.

So yes, I spent a good 5-10 minutes on a walkie talkie with a just turned 6 year old who was demanding to know when my daughter would be home and could I make it happen sooner.

And it's apparent that the telling time portion of kindergarten was not mastered before school was out, because even though I said 2:30 - there were multiple inquiries prior to that time. And I answered every one.

Over and Out Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment