Friday, July 30, 2010

Arrrghhh Matey

I do a lot of running and so as to have goals and actually go out and do the running, I sign up for organized runs. And clearly, I did NOT get my fill of costumes and dressing up in high school drama. No, I force my running partner to wear whatever zany outfit I've thought up for all of our themed runs. I will say however, this zest for costumes netted us a $50 prize on the Urban Dare. Oh yes, our "Mama Said Knock You Out" wife beaters and black eyes were the bomb. So there.

So Dani and I are going to do the Torchlight Run on Saturday. Which of course means Pirate outfits. AND we did buy pirate hats when we were on our Spring vacation get away in Cannon Beach... so it's a natural. Having just finished the fancy bustiers or mid section thingys that pirate wenches wear - I was testing it out. Along with my handily scissored $4 t shirt that also looks all pirate wench like.

And then the pizza man knocked on the door.

As I scrambled to take off the pirate hat and pull off the striped tights that I was considering hacking up to look like pant things - I was trying to make it to the door in a timely manner.

As I was signing the slip and trying to man handle the baby cat who was escaping - I realized I was NOT wearing a sports bra, but instead a regular shiny silver one and it was definitely hanging out of my shirt all wench like.

And of course this isn't the night that I get the cool chatty driver with the big earrings in his ears who would laugh at my hi jinks - I get the probably out of work accountant. I don't even want to know what he was thinking I was up to. I'm sure he probably starting praying for me before he even pulled out of the driveway.

Arghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment