Monday, January 31, 2011

Moms, Dads and Swim Boogies


Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars blah blah blah. It is proven time and time again that men and women just aren't cut from the same cloth. I have a prime example.

I have to preface that my husband is an amazing and involved Dad and he rocks. He just doesn't have all of innate Mommy-isms that I do. (Which of course makes me superior and insane. In that order.)

Sunday mornings our girls have swim lessons. While packing the swim bag (or adding to the one that Jeff already packed, again becuase he's good like that.) I added in some wipes. Because I had noticed that Riley had a bit of a stuffy nose that morning. And fast forward ahead to 4 y.o. in pool for half hour - there might be a swim boog situation. And the thought makes me gag.

Of course as we sit there watching, I can see with my laser sharp Mom vision half way through the lesson, that my daughter might indeed have a gross visible boog. It's only a faint shadow..but it warrants investigation. Jeff does NOT have these same concerns. I swoop in with my wipe in hand, confirm that indeed there is disgusting nose situation and take care of it. I apologize under my breath to the teenage teacher who has to be grossed about this element of his job (and if he's not, I am for him..) And none of this ever even crossed my husband's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment