Friday, January 7, 2011

Cheetos and Swimsuits

Happy New Year!

Yes, I am the one who knowingly smiles (scoffs?) at all the newbies in my 6:15AM core class. We call the new worker outers The New Years Resolutioners. However it's helping my own workout because I don't want that tiny blonde thing behind me to be able to do more reps with a heavier weight. So I'll try not to hate.

So this year I've set a new fitness goal. I'm going to 'try' a tri. Yes, a Tri-athalon. The Happy Meal sized one (smaller distances). That means I just had to sign up for swim lessons. I can swim, I just can't swim like I know what I'm doing. Oh and I don't own a bike. That's next on the list. I figure if I say it out loud, I'm bound by my own pride to follow through. Oh and I 'coincidentally' chose a race that is a month before my 20 year high school reunion. Yes, I am the queen of multitasking.

However I had to laugh at myself as I realized I had to dust the Cheeto dust off my fingers to type in the search words 'swimsuit' on the site I was on.

I love hearing what people have for goals for the upcoming year. Share some of the good ones you've created or heard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment