Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Noooo!!!! Uh Oh Moments for a 'Shoe Girl'

I love shoes. I love clothes. I love shopping. Yeah, yeah, I love my family and kids and sunsets and all that stuff to. But I really love shoes. Oh and purses, but this about shoes.

I've been on the hunt for a neutral wedge for summer.I toyed with the clog trend, but eh.. don't think that's going to do my legs any favors. I had a fantastic pair of Michael Kors I got two summers ago and it's time to retire them. Sadly. I love them. But if the adage is true that you can judge a girl by her shoe, then wearing these I am a schleppy, unkempt, banged up type of girl and I'm not okay with that.

I don't know 'exactly' what I'm looking for - but I know I'll 'feel it'. So today I swung by Nordstrom Rack for a quick drive by. There were some contenders and I was walking around doing the one shoe try on - when it hit. That moment. When I tried on a shoe and it was COMFORTABLE and I was excited by that. And I put back the sassy pump in my hand. And I envisioned myself grocery shopping in the comfy shoe. Oh crap! I was afraid this would happen with my career change - and I swore it wouldn't.

I almost texted a picture of the shoes in question - to my fashionista former co worker who is 20something. I needed a 2nd opinion - but was afraid to hear the answer.

So I am now the owner of a pair of shoes that I chose for comfort before fashion. And I'm sad about that. But I'm also am able volunteer for a Kindergarten field trip at the zoo - and chase after rouge 6 year olds without breaking my neck or having to break into my stash of mole skin.

So clearly, my next purchase will be some ridiculous pair of shoes just to prove that I am not fulfilling any dreaded sterotypes....

No comments:

Post a Comment