Monday, May 18, 2009

A Case Of Monday Morning RUDE

Deep breathing.. not letting others dictate the nature of my day... in through the nose.. out through the mouth....

People can be nice. People can be weird. People can be just plain RUDE. Especially when it comes to driving. This morning as I was driving to work, I stopped at a 4 way stop waiting to turn right in a neighborhood section of town. Beginning to cross the street where I would turn, I see what appears to be a homeless man, with TWO BROKEN FEET. As he starts his slow hobble.. I groan. Greeaaat... But I wait patiently. I mean jeez, the guy has two broken feet and probably no stable source of food or shelter.. I'll let him have the extra minute.

As I'm patiently waiting, some bitty with long dark hair in a light teal Honda Civic (did you CHOOSE that car?) decides that she will not follow the RIGHT OF WAY rule that dictates it is MY turn to go through the intersection and bolts thru. Practically taking out homeless broken foot man. First I'm bugged because did you not see the man has TWO BROKEN FEET and second, IT WAS MY TURN. No really. I was AT THE INTERSECTION BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP.

So then I'm fired up and make my right hand turn to follow this ugly rude car and make sure she is enjoying her usurped right of way. Funny how when the kids are in the car, the potty mouth words sometimes slip out.. but when I'm alone.. I sign language the word RUDE angrily so she can see it in her rear view mirror. (Really? What IS that?)

She turns right a block before I do... and as I secretly try to race to beat her to the next intersection, find myself behind a bus. That is behind a garbage truck. That is stopped to pick up garbage. Alright, alright.. let the rude car go.....

I'll put some hope in karma.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment