Monday, January 5, 2009

Too Much Together Time

I'm BAAAACK. I pretty much checked out there for a while... work is crazy, Thanksgiving, Christmas (and Hanukkah - hi Grandma NJ!) blah, blah, blah.. you know the drill.

So even though I'm swamped at work, I'm taking time the in the EVENING (see, not even cheating and doing this at work!) to do some blogging.

If you've seen any 'Storm Watch' Northwest news, you'll see that the Seattle DMA pretty much only has 3 snow plows and one truckload of gravel in it's DOT shed. Add that to equal parts of substantial snow (hey, for Seattle it was a lot!) and you get some MAJOR together time.

It all started December 17th? 19th? Some teenth.. where there was a 'chance' of snow. Seattle school district freaked out, so in turn Riley's daycare freaked out.. and there I was working from home. Mind you, no snow actually fell until LATE that night. So I've spent approximately 2.5 days IN the office since December teenth.

I'll say this now - I have figured out why my BFF tells me she's on her hands and knees sweeping, cleaning, wiping her floor every single day. Because kids and husbands and a visiting dog (who was much cleaner than the kids) means I was on my hands and knees sweeping, cleaning, wiping..... ALL while trying to do real work of course.

My husband who claims his job consists mainly of meetings where his presence is physically mandatory went into work many more days than I did. Mind you he was probably 1 of 10 people there.... But he still couldn't figure out that why on one of the few days he was at the house, when he announced he was going to get coffee, I completely freaked out on him NOT UNTIL THE BABY WAKES UP YOU'RE NOT! I had been trapped in the house entertaining, cleaning, working, taking on snow clothes, taking off snow clothes for WAY too many days for me not to be going on this coffee run. He looked at me like I had 6 heads. How is that hard decipher?

The turning point was this past Saturday when we were standing in Costco waiting for hot dogs after purchasing the big box of bulk diapers. My husband is on his blackberry doing who knows what, the girls were sitting on the box, racing around the box, running into other people's carts, Riley falls down in the path of some old impatient man and I turned into that shrew Mom lady. 'Stop moving around and sit right here' in super bitchy voice while giving my husband death glare because he's totally not even paying attention. I see the nice church lady Mom at the table next to where we're standing give me the raised eyebrow judging look. That's it. I'm done.

While I love my family, I've never been so happy as to go back to work today and get back on schedule. I like things on a schedule. I like things clean and put away, I like having the opportunity to miss my kids a little bit..... Grass is always greener?

No comments:

Post a Comment