Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mommas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up. Period.




I love the age between 18 mos and 2 years. I love seeing your little ones totally explode with language, grow a mouthful of teeth (okay so maybe that's not that much fun) and show their personality. It's watching who your child is going to become and it's crazy.

Riley is beginning to assert her independence and it cracks me up. I love how everything is no. But then not really. Especially at the dinner table. The other day she told me that 'I do' for getting into the car and her car seat. She did NOT want me to help. I had to take a deep breath and enjoy the moment reminding myself that her sister will not die if I am 2 minutes later to pick her up.


It cracks me up that she likes to practice sitting on the potty and at school sits for so long that they have to ask her to get up so other kids can use it. Even funnier is when Kate sings the crocodile song and at the part where it says 'Don't forget to Scream' that Riley pipes in with the mandatory scream. Love it.


My favorite part of the day is when it's my bedtime with Riley and after reading books and snuggling in the chair, the lights are out and I go to put her in her crib and catch myself in the mirror. She is not the tiny little baby that she was 22 months ago, her legs hang down out of my arms. But she still smells so good and I whisper that I love her and give her kisses and wish this part would never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment