Friday, September 19, 2008

Didn't You Get the Memo? It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!


Quick post. My co worker just came back from running next door to the Danish bakery to pick up treats for her friend's birthday. And... apparently it's Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I knew talk like a pirate day existed, I just didn't know the folks at Neilsen's were such huge fans and that it was today. But the best part is that this co worker is really, really nice and kind of conservative and they made her make her order in pirate talk. The visual right there still has me cracking up.

I asked her if she ran back out the door and she said no she tried to talk like a pirate.(I can't stop laughing at this, I WISH I could have been there.) Apparently bakery folk dressed up like pirates are serious about pirate talk, because they told her that her attempt was WRONG! The man at the counter was correcting her and the woman in the back with chiming in with Arghhh ARgghhh..... and they were all dressed up with eye patches and earrings.

Arghhh Matey, me thinks me might need to go get a kringle.

No comments:

Post a Comment