Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and All That Reflective Stuff

I've been falling down on the job of posting - but today is the first day of 2010 and after reading everyone's reflective posts on Facebook - I was inspired to jump on.

There's the age old resolutions thing. I try not to do those, as I'm really only gung ho for about 2 weeks and then you're just a disappointment to yourself. I'm all about trying to keep things positive.

Instead I'm taking my BFF's approach today - to try and fend off the mindless chips and salsa grazing that will take place while I watch football: wearing my too tight jeans as punishment and reminder. Nothing curbs the urge to eat chips like catching the reflection of my muffin top in a window. Or having to pull my jeans up OVER the belly overhang to comfortably sit on the couch. As I write this I'm watching my 70 year old neighbor make her 4th lap around the neighborhood. In the rain. And wind. Oh man...

You know how everyone has 2 or 3 'big ideas' that they'd do if they had the time, money or expertise? I'm thinking a Biggest Loser/Betty Ford Camp would be a big winner. I'd sign up right now.

But seriously - here's to a new year, full of unexpected delights and I'm sure a few heartaches thrown in (because really, how can you fully enjoy the good stuff without knowing how the bad stuff feels.) Do something unexpected this year friends!

Cheers! Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment