Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: Installment II (and a not so favorite thing.)

So first off I have this question - how many times per day is it neccessary for a cat to freaking lick itself?! Seriously - it's driving me crazy that annoying slurp lick thing. Jeez!

Now that's off my chest.

It's time again to share a few of my favorite finds and as is par for my blog, the front runner pertains to hair..

Either my hairdresser or Nick Arojo on "What Not To Wear" told me that I should use a volumizing mousse to help give some volume to the crown area. So I finally decided to pick some up - and as I stood in the aisle of my local drugstore, I went by the coolest looking one that wasn't $8,000 dollars and holy Farrah Faucet it's fabulous! Big Sexy Hair Spray Mousse! It's awesome! It sprays like a hairspray and then turns to mousse - super cool. AND then it works! Really well! I felt like that woman I see at my daughter's school who always has Victoria Secret hair - slight mussed, yet perfect curls... (one day I will get the balls to ask her..)

My new favorite treat. They're not actually new, but I just found them and am loving them... Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry Chewy Granola Bars. They have 5g of protein (which is VERY hard to find in a yummy treat like granola bar) and 4g of fiber (good for making you feel full AND keeping things running right.) I love to have one of these bad boys in the afternoon when I feel like I need something sweet, but at 120 calories, much better than stuffing my face with Valentine's cookies or something. I say bravo. Oh yes and they don't have any of that hard to pronounce garbage in them. Add feeling healthfully righteous and you can't go wrong.

And lastly I'm loving Laura Mercier's Metallic Creme Eye Color I had gotten a little tube as a sample (gold) and it has lasted for FOREVER. Not only does it make my everyday makeup job look presentable, I'm able to put on liner without having to redo 8 times. It's creamy and forgiving and super fast and easy... I had to get the Burnished Copper so I could mix it up a bit. Loving it!

You have something you're loving? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment